Membership of AANZ is open to all aikido clubs and organisations regardless of style or affiliation.
We are a not-for-profit organisation which aims to provide resources for the aikido community in New Zealand with a particular emphasis on developing coaching and club management skills.
The Aikido Association of New Zealand provides the following benefits for members:
- Recognition as the national organisation representing Aikido through Sport NZ
- This helps if you need to apply for funding to support your organisation’s activities.
- Is the representative for Aikido for future Government Policy.
- Web page for your organisation or club.
- Club directory to build your membership.
- List of senior teachers willing to lead seminars throughout Australasia.
- News and events in New Zealand.
- Expertise to support organisations with
- Administration setup
- Setting up a club constitution
- Membership management to enable your senior people to teach and train more
- Applying for funding for key Aikido resources e.g., mats, rent grants etc.
- Setting up a web site or maximise your current website
- Training the Trainers!
- In association with Sport NZ we will establish a national coach certification course for Aikido Teachers in NZ.
- Discounts for member organisation-run seminars in NZ for all your students.
- Media Liaison – promotion of Aikido in the media. A collaborative voice for Aikido in NZ.
- Inter Club communication.
All of the above benefits are obtained for only $25.00 per organisation / year regardless of the number of clubs you have in your organisation. Now that’s a great deal!